I am excited to share with you my own twist on a festive Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Pepper recipe! I saw this on #Pinterest and it gave me some #pinspiration, however I already had many of the ingredients already prepared so I gave it my own twist! My daughter helped me and she was so super excited about these little 🎃.
These Halloween Jack-o-Lantern Stuffed Peppers are super filling, yummy, and I highly recommend them on a chilly fall evening - carved faces or not!
6 large bell peppers (I used a mix of yellow, orange and red)
1 lbs organic ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar organic marinara sauce (24 oz)
3 cups prepared organic brown rice (add more as needed)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat your oven to 400 (I cooked these in my oven on the convection setting).
2. Wash peppers before prepping.
3. Slice a little of the bottom of each pepper in order to make them stand straight. (I always save what I cut off to put in my salad the next day!)
4. Cut the tops off peppers and remove seeds and flesh from both the inside and top of the peppers, sometimes I used my knife to make a clean cut from under the tops.
5. Cook the onion until translucent then add the ground turkey in a skillet until the meat is browned.
6. Add the jar of organic marinara, rice, water, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix together until well blended. Bring it to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to simmer, stir in the cheese and cover while you get your baking dish ready.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Using a 9" x 13" baking dish, add a ¼" of water on the bottom.
9. Fill the peppers all the way to the top with the filling. Add the tops back and place in the dish.
10. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes.
11. Remove from oven, uncover and serve!
Welcome to our Blog!
Just a girl who grew up wanting to play shop owner and be a school teacher too! I'm retired from teaching now, but I achieved both goals and now as a Stay-At-Home-Mama each day is a blessing to spend with my little family. I'm a born and raised Georgia girl and I adore everything Southern! I hope you enjoy my store blog where I'm happy to share new gift items and ideas, sales, recipes from my kitchen and more!